Microsoft Access has most likely locked the database internally. To unlock it, follow the steps below:
- Make sure everyone is out of the program on all computers.
- Open Windows Explorer; on the left side of the window, find and highlight the directory in which HSW resides.
- On the right side of the window, right click on the SHOW.MDB file (may only be listed as SHOW) and select Copy.
- Right click anywhere on the right side of the window and select Paste (this will place a Copy of Show file in the same directory).
- Again, right click on the original SHOW file and select Rename; change it’s name…LockedFile.mdb (you may or may not need the .mdb extension…depends on if you get a message regarding changing extensions).
- Right click on the Copy of Show file and select Rename; change it’s name to SHOW (or show.mdb again if you require the extension).
This should reset the locking that Access put on the database and you will be able to get back into the program from all computers in your network.