Minimum PC System Requirements
For the main computer that has the program installed and where the database resides:
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP Home, XP Professional, or 2000
- Desktops are hardier and tend to be less expensive than laptops
- 4-6GB RAM
- 3GHz processor (Intel i7 is best, i5 works as well)
- SSD (Solid State Drive versus regular HDD – hard disk drive)
- smaller SSD is worth more than a larger HDD
- easy to add an SSD to a desktop that may not have one to start with
- 100 megabytes free hard drive space
- Mouse or other pointing device
- Monitor capable of running at least 800x600x256 (color resolution is recommended)
- Backup device (CD burner, stick drive, tape or other)
- Windows printer
These specs will work for any additional computers running on the network but at a minimum they should have:
- Same version of Windows as the main computer (for ease of networking)
- 2GB RAM
- 2GHz processor (Intel i5)
- Smaller SSD is worth more than a larger HDD
As with any installation on Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista, you may need to have Administrator rights for the installation to complete. If needed, to run the software itself as administrator, right click on the HSW shortcut and select Run as Administrator.
Installation of the software and location of the database should be as close to the root drive (generally the C drive) of your main computer. Default installation of HSW is C:\HrsWin which is as close to the root drive as you can get. If you prefer a different directory, be careful of putting it too deep into other folders.
Although this program will work on a hard-wired network, support of your actual network is beyond the scope of services that FunnWare Development can offer by phone. Make sure that you have a local source of support for network selection, installation, and usage.