Minimum PC System Requirements
For the main computer (a dedicated computer that should not be used if more than 2 people are working in the office) that has the program installed and where the database resides:
- Windows 11 professional, 10, 8, or 7
- Desktops are faster, hardier, more reliable and tend to be less expensive than laptops. They won’t slow down over the day since their fan is larger and better equipped to handle the environments.
- RAM – the more devices (computers and/or tablets) you have, the more RAM you should get
- 16GB or better with several devices hitting the main computer (around 2-3 offices computers and 3-9 tablets)
- 32GB or better for larger shows with 3 or more arenas running simultaneously
- Processor – the more devices you have, the faster and more reliable your processor should be
- Intel i7 at a minimum
- Intel i9 is better and recommended for larger shows with 3 or more arenas running simultaneously
- Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 128 GB minimum
- 256 or more recommended
- 100 megabytes free disk drive space
- Mouse or other pointing device
- Backup device (USB stick drive, cloud or other)
- Windows printer
These specs will work for any secondary computers running on the network but at a minimum they should have:
- Same version of Windows as the main computer (for ease of networking)
- 4GB RAM
- 2GHz processor (Intel i5 – i7 is better)
As with any installation on Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 or Vista, you may need to have Administrator rights for the installation to complete. If needed, to run the software itself as administrator, right click on the HSW shortcut and select Run as Administrator.
Installation of the software and location of the database should be installed to the root drive (generally the C drive) of your main computer. Default installation of HSW is C:\HrsWin which is as close to the root drive as you can get. If you prefer a different directory, be careful of putting it too deep into other folders.
Network adapter dongles can be unreliable so be sure to have one that is functioning well and does not cause unnecessary slowness when using HSW. Replace any that cause a specific computer to be slower than others.
For successful networking make sure you are:
- using at least 1 GB switches
- Turn off wifi on secondary computers
Although this program will work on a hard-wired network, support of your actual network is beyond the scope of services that FunnWare Development can offer by phone. Make sure that you have a local source of support for network selection, installation, and usage.
FunnWare Development tech support staff can try and help with networking @ $100/hr (not covered by yearly HSW Maintenance Contract)
Networking Tip: Using your main computer’s IP address versus computer name is generally faster on any shortcut’s to the main computer.