AQHA and ‘B’ shows

Since AQHA has run out of A numbered shows, they have started giving out B numbered shows. The Show # field within Horse Show for Windows is a numeric field and doesn’t allow for characters at all. Back when AQHA started with their A shows we made a change to tell users that the field¬†wouldn’t take the A but would just use the numeric portion and the correct ID would be stored in a new Show ID field.

We probably should have set up that message to come up when you put in any characters but since AQHA had told us they were moving to six digit numeric show IDs, we figured it wasn’t needed. Ah well, now we’ve moved to B numbered shows and we just found out about from a user a few weeks ago – several months after our update was released.

We will eventually get the software on board with the change but you can handle it yourself. In the Show # field, just put the numeric portion of the ID and then in the Show ID field (in between the Appr Assn and the Notes fields), put the full Show ID that was given to you from AQHA. That’s what the software was doing automatically so you can make those adjustments on your own. The program uses that Show ID field to generate the reports and text files so you’ll be all set once you manually make that happen.

Sorry for the inconvenience – one of these days we’ll all be on the same page at the same time!